Job Title: Long Haul Truck Dispatcher
Founded in ________, [Company Name] is a growing long-haul trucking business with a current fleet of _______ trucks. We have a team of _______ people across operations, finance, and dispatch in addition to our _______ drivers. We prioritize exceptional service, timely deliveries, and building strong relationships with our clients. We believe in fostering a positive, supportive, fun working environment and are looking to add to our dedicated team as we continue to grow the business.
We are currently seeking an experienced and organized Truck Dispatcher to manage the daily scheduling and routing of our fleet of long-haul trucks. This role is crucial for maintaining efficient operations and ensuring that goods are transported in a timely and efficient manner. You’ll work closely with the business owner, our drivers, and our clients, and you’ll be equipped with Truckbase’s modern and easy-to-use software.
- Coordinating and managing loads
- Assigning the right driver to the right load at the right time
- Ensuring effective communication between drivers, customers, and internal teams, primarily out of Truckbase to ensure minimal manual work
- Monitoring driver progress and assisting with challenges they encounter along the way
- Assessing and modifying routes as necessary to achieve optimal outcomes
- Managing driver logs and ensuring compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and requirements
- Providing quick solutions or contingency plans for any issues that arise during transportation
- Facilitating maintenance scheduling to minimize downtime and disruption of services
- Confirming that each load has been delivered to the customer on-time, resolving any discrepancies
- Closing the loop with shippers and getting any customer feedback so we can continuously improve
- High school diploma or equivalent required. An associate's or bachelor's degree in logistics, business administration or relevant field is a plus
- At least two years of experience in a dispatch role within the trucking industry, or an adjacent operational role that had close coordination with dispatchers
- Understanding of DOT regulations and Hours of Service (“HOS”) requirements
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and simultaneous company needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with routing and dispatch software, such as Truckbase
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Highly proactive, resourceful, and solution-oriented
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends, as needed
We offer a competitive compensation package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. You will work in a supportive environment with opportunities for professional growth.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We look forward to reviewing your application.